Coastal hazard assessment reports
Coastal flooding – bathtub model
Coastal flooding – hydrodynamic model
- Technical Report: Coastal Inundation Modelling for Northern Kaipara Harbour (DHI 2021) (PDF, 5.6MB)
- Peer review Report - North Kaipara Inundation review (PDF, 600KB)
- Inundation Modelling of the Rangaunu Harbour (eCoast 2020) (PDF, 3MB)
- Whangarei Inner Harbour Flood Modelling (PDF 4.1MB)
Coastal flood hazard zone levels
The assessed coastal flood levels for all sites (as per Appendix C Table 1 of the Tonkin and Taylor Coastal Flood Hazard Assessment Report). See the site index for the names of all sites assessed.
Coastal flood levels for Rangaunu and Kaipara have been modelled using a different method (hydrodynamic model) to that used by Tonkin + Taylor (bathtub model). Please refer to the council's Natural Hazard Team for a site specific coastal flood level generated from the modelling of these areas..
- Coastal Flood Hazard Zone Levels (PDF, 363KB)
Observed coastal flood levels
Coastal erosion site reports
These documents are from the Tonkin + Taylor Coastal Erosion Hazard Site Reports (Appendix A).
Need further assistance?
If you need help understanding these maps, contact a member of our Natural Hazards Team on:
Freephone 0800 002 004