Submissions on this consent application CLOSED 17 September 2022.
Far North District Council
Kohukohu, Hokianga Harbour
Renewal of the resource consents for the continued operation of the Kohukohu Wastewater Treatment Plant located on Pt Section 86 Blk X Mangamuka SD (1523 Kohukohu Road, Kohukohu), that services the township of Kohukohu.
The following consents are required:
- To discharge treated wastewater into the coastal marine area of the Hokianga Harbour.
- To discharge treated wastewater to land (seepage) from the base of a wastewater treatment system.
- To discharge contaminants (primarily odour) to air from the operation of the wastewater treatment system.
The application includes an assessment of environmental effects. The application may be viewed below, and during office hours at the Northland Regional Council’s offices at Waipapa and Whangarei; the Far North District Council’s offices at Rawene and Kaikohe; and at the Hokianga i-Site.
- Application document (PDF, 4.2MB)
- s92 Request Letter (PDF, 324KB)
- s92 Response - Appendix A - Septage Management Review Memorandum (Jacobs 2020a) (PDF, 251KB)
- s92 Response - Appendix B - Issues and Options Report (Jacobs 2020b) (PDF, 2.8MB)
- s92 Response - Appendix C - QMRA (SEL) (PDF 1.3MB)
- s92 Response - Appendix D - Hokianga Harbour Hydrodynamic Model (MOS) (PDF, 9.3MB)
- s92 Response - Letter Aug 2022 (PDF, 730MB)