These maps and the accompanying soils legend are copies of hard copy data first published by the Department of Lands and Survey in 1988 as part of the New Zealand Land Inventory NZMS 290 Series.
While published at a scale of 1:100,000, the soils maps were compiled from 1:63,360 field maps and can be safely enlarged to those scales.
Should users have any questions in respect of this data please contact the regional council's Land Management Team.
Email: [email protected]
Freephone: 0800 002 004
Should council officers not be able to assist, they will forward your enquiry to the appropriate people in GNS Science for rock types and geology, or Landcare Research for soils information.
Published: 01 Nov 2011
- Soil Legend - Northland Peninsula.pdf (PDF 1.11 MB)
- Soil Legend - Soil mapping units.pdf (PDF 849 KB)
- Soil Types - Ahipara-Herekino.pdf (PDF 712 KB)
- Soil Types - Bay of Islands.pdf (PDF 736 KB)
- Soil Types - Hukerenui-Whangarei.pdf (PDF 1.56 MB)
- Soil Types - Kaitaia-Rawene.pdf (PDF 1.53 MB)
- Soil Types - Mangakahia-Dargaville.pdf (PDF 1.61 MB)
- Soil Types - Mangawhai-Warkworth.pdf (PDF 922 KB)
- Soil Types - Maungaturoto-Kaipara.pdf (PDF 1.29 MB)
- Soil Types - North Cape-Houhora.pdf (PDF 1.03 MB)
- Soil Types - Ruawai-Rototuna.pdf (PDF 860 KB)
- Soil Types - Waipoua-Aranga.pdf (PDF 929 KB)
- Soil Types - Whangaroa-Kaikohe.pdf (PDF 1.36 MB)