New Regional Plan
The Proposed Regional Plan sets out new rules and policies for how people use fresh water, land, air and the coast in Northland.
We are now seeking formal further submissions on the Proposed Regional Plan for Northland. You may make a further submission if you represent a relevant aspect of the public interest and/or you have an interest in the Proposed Regional Plan for Northland greater than the interest that the general public has.
Your submission must be made in the prescribed form (see 'Make your submission' below, or Form 6 RMA) and may only express support or opposition to any existing matter/s raised in an original submission on the Proposed Regional Plan. It must not raise any new points.
- Download the Summary of Decisions Requested report (PDF, 4MB)
- View the submissions via a hyperlinked Excel spreadsheet (XLSX, 35KB)
- View the names and contact details of submitters (PDF, 203KB)
How to make your submission
Otherwise, you can provide written feedback by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: PRP Further Submissions, Northland Regional Council, Private Bag 9021, Whangārei Mail Centre, Whangārei 0148
- Dropping it in to one of our offices: Find our office locations around Northland
Download a submission form
It’s important you get your further submission in on time. Any submissions received after the close off date can only be received at the council’s discretion under 37A, RMA. This includes replacements of (or part of) further submissions received within the submission period.
For more information, call the Policy and Planning Team on 0800 002 004.
Further submissions close 3pm Monday, 26 March 2018
Hearing Panel minutes
The Hearing Panel issues minutes to provide information to submitters and give directions about how the hearings will be run.
Information provided in response to Hearing Panel Minutes
- CEP Services – response to Minute 1 (PDF, 38KB)
- Refining NZ – response to Minute 1 (PDF, 599KB)
- Vision Kerikeri - response to Minute 1 (PDF, 334KB)
For more information about submissions, call the Policy and Planning Team on 0800 002 004.
Read the Proposed Regional Plan and background documents
- Download the Proposed Regional Plan (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Te Ture Whakamana ngā Iwi o Taitokerau - Statutory acknowledgments in Northland
This compendium document contains information about all statutory acknowledgements contained in Treaty settlement legislation for Northland, and is an attachment to the Proposed Regional Plan.
The following documents are also available to purchase in hard copy:
- Proposed Regional Plan - $20
- Section 32 Report - $80
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to organise purchase.
Read the regional report and fact sheets for an overview of the key topics in the Proposed Regional Plan.
We have produced maps indicating the amount of water currently allocated to be taken.
Find out how we plan to monitor and enforce compliance with the permitted activity rules in the new regional plan.