Register of pecuniary interests
At the beginning of each three-year council term, elected members are asked to disclose known pecuniary interests.
The pecuniary interests that must be disclosed fall into these broad categories:
- Companies where a councillor is a director or significant shareholder
- Other companies or entities in which a councillor has a pecuniary interest
- A councillor’s employer(s)
- Trusts in which a councillor has an interest
- Organisations of which a councillor is a member, if the organisation receives or applies for funding from NRC
- Any organisation in which a councillor holds office by virtue of being an elected member
- Real estate in which a councillor has and interest, including where the property is held in a trust of which the councillor is a beneficiary
- Overseas travel, except where travel costs and accommodation were paid for in full by the councillor or a defined family member
- Gifts, including hospitality and donations over $500 from the same donor
- Payments received for activities in which a councillor is involved.
This document is the summary of annual returns as at 15 February 2023