Transport publications, plans, reports, studies and strategies produced by the Northland Regional Council.
This plan supports the drive for safer roads, safe transport movement of freight, and tourist visitors we expect over the coming years.
Published: 18 Aug 2021
Northland Regional Council’s strategy for passenger transport across the region over the next ten years.
Published: 02 Mar 2022
The aim of this document is to present a coherent overarching strategy for the development of walking and cycling in Northland.
Published: 25 Sep 2018
A single strategy for an integrated approach to local government transportation procurement across Northland.
Published: 27 Apr 2018
An investigation into the transport needs of people in Northland, focusing on people who would qualify for Total Mobility services.
Published: 30 Oct 2020
Upper North Island port and port-related infrastructure supply and demand study.
Published: 02 Nov 2012
- Upper North Island Ports Study - November 2012 (pages 1-50).pdf (PDF 1.86 MB)
- Upper North Island Ports Study - November 2012 (pages 51-91).pdf (PDF 1.92 MB)
- Upper North Island Ports Study - November 2012 (pages 92-132).pdf (PDF 1.8 MB)
- Upper North Island Ports Study - November 2012 (pages 133-End).pdf (PDF 2.08 MB)
Focussing on improving freight productivity and efficiency to help grow the economy in the Upper North Island.
Published: 03 Apr 2013
- Upper North Island Freight Story - Shared Evidence Base Document - April 2013 (pages 1-63).pdf (PDF 1.64 MB)
- Upper North Island Freight Story - Shared Evidence Base Document - April 2013 (pages 64-115).pdf (PDF 1.28 MB)
- Upper North Island Freight Story - Summary of Critical Issues - FINAL April 2013.pdf (PDF 1.46 MB)
An in-depth look at where Northland’s transport is now, where the region wants to be in 30 years and how it intends to get there.
Published: 14 Jun 2010
The purpose of the report is to identify trends and routes for heavy traffic in the Northland region.
Published: 11 Jun 2007