This resource is provided courtesy of Dairying and the Environment Committee.
The purpose of this manual is to provide guidelines to dairy farmers and their advisors for the practical, effective, and safe management of farm practices that may affect the environment. It is intended to promote voluntary uptake of best management practices.
No person should rely on the contents of this publication without first obtaining advice from a professional person. This publication is made available on the terms that:
- the authors, consultants and editors are not responsible for the results of any actions taken on the basis of information in this publication, nor for any error in, or omission from, this publication; and
- the manual is not a statutory code.
The publisher and the authors, consultants and editors expressly disclaim all and any liability and responsibility to any person, whether a purchaser or reader of this publication or not, in respect of anything, and of the consequences of anything, done or omitted to be done by any such person in reliance, whether wholly or partially, upon the whole or any part of the contents of this publication. Without limiting the generality of the above, no author, consultant or editor shall have any responsibility for any act or omission of any other author, consultant or editor.
- Preface.pdf (PDF 85 KB)
- Chapter 1 - Sustainable Dairying.pdf (PDF 340 KB)
- Chapter 2 - Soil and Pasture Management.pdf (PDF 1.32 MB)
- Chapter 3 - Nutrient Management.pdf (PDF 1.27 MB)
- Chapter 4 (4.0 - 4.1) - Water ways Natural features and Plantings.pdf (PDF 1.39 MB)
- Chapter 4 (4.2 - 4.4) - Water ways Natural features and Plantings.pdf (PDF 520 KB)
- Chapter 5 - Irrigation Energy and Emmission Efficiencies.pdf (PDF 899 KB)
- Chapter 6 (6.0 - 6.5) - Structures Earthworks and Races.pdf (PDF 1.34 MB)
- Chapter 6 (6.6 - 6.8) - Structures Earthworks and Races.pdf (PDF 1.05 MB)
- Chapter 7 - Chemicals and Farm waste.pdf (PDF 524 KB)