On 22 June 2021 Northland Regional Council adopted its new plan for the next 10 years – our Long Term Plan 2021-2031.
Read the final Long Term Plan 2021-2031
The Long Term Plan 2021-2031 represents our three-yearly review of council activities. It's been developed in response to the views of our communities, legislative changes from central government, and work we know needs to be done to achieve environmental, social, economic and cultural wellbeing, building on our vision: “Our Northland – together we thrive”.
- Read the plan here: Te Mahere Roa 2021-2031|Long Term Plan 2021-2031 (PDF, 4MB)
- Read the summary of decisions here: Summary of decisions Long Term Plan 2021-2031 (PDF, 4.8MB)
User fees and charges
Concurrently with the long term plan process, council adopted their schedule of user fees and charges, including charging policy for the 2021/22 year. This sets out the fees council collects from private users of public resources, to recover costs.
The process - what you told us
Like all councils in Aotearoa, we’re required to get community feedback to help inform our long term plan development.
During August 2020, we ran an early engagement period to get an understanding of what’s important to our communities and check we’re on the right track. A series of pop-up stalls and an online feedback portal offered an early chance for people to influence the shape of this plan.
Then, in March and April 2021 we ran a formal consultation period centred around our consultation document. We promoted the consultation widely and invited submissions, and also held seven ‘Have Your Say’ events around the region where people could present their views to councillors in person.
We received 172 submissions on our long term plan and 42 on our user fees and charges. Most submissions were about the proposals within the consultation document, with the majority in support, but feedback was also received on a range of other issues. In addition to the 172 submissions, 22 pro-forma submissions were received in support of a group submission focused on environmental protection.
Read more about the feedback we received here:
What you told us – read all of the full submissions: https://consult-nrc.objective.com/kse/event/4523/peoplesubmissions/
Read the consultation documents here:
- Long Term Plan 2021-2031 Consultation Document (PDF, 12MB)
- Long Term Plan 2021-2031 Supporting Information (PDF, 4.1MB)
- Draft User Fees and Charges 2021/22 (PDF, 5.8MB)
- Long term plans and financial policies
- Policy on the appointment of directors to council organisations (PDF, 142KB)
- Rating policies (PDF, 874KB)
- District council websites can be found here: www.wdc.govt.nz | www.kaipara.govt.nz | www.fndc.govt.nz