· Continue with biennial stream habitat assessments, in conjunction with annual macroinvertebrate monitoring, at all RWQMN sites.
· Standardise the habitat assessment protocol so that reproducibility is easily achieved from one surveyor to another.
· Carry out multivariate statistical analysis of the macroinvertebrate data with the habitat assessment and water quality data.
· Investigate declining water quality/macroinvertebrate scores/stream health and stability at all sites that show a downward trend.
· Implement a fish monitoring programme at all RWQMN sites, to complement the macroinvertebrate and habitat assessment data.