As a council, our treasury activities include management of liquidity, investment performance and financial liabilities.
The aim of council’s treasury management is prudent, effective and efficient financial management. This is achieved by adhering to principles contained in relevant policies and other documents, such as:
- Liability Management Policy
- Investment Policy
- Revenue and Financing Policy
- Delegations Manual (part D)
- Long Term Plan (LTP) including the council’s Financial Strategy
- Annual Plans
- Statements of Investment Policies and Objectives (SIPOs)
- Investment & Property and Audit & Risk subcommittee terms of reference.
This document outlines how we will manage treasury activities and the risks these activities expose council to.
This document is reviewed by the Audit and Risk subcommittee, approved by the Group Manager – Corporate Excellence (GM-CX), and applies to all treasury activity undertaken by the council. It will be reviewed at least every three years, as part of the council’s long term planning cycle.
Published: 17 Sep 2021