There are several ways you can help to reduce the impacts of transportation on Northland's environment and people, including:
· Have your car serviced regularly. Do not allow your car to smoke excessively.
· Use public transport or lift clubs whenever possible.
· Try to walk or cycle instead of using the car. Not only is this better for the environment but it is good for your health.
· Create and assist with walking school buses for children.
· Encourage your school or place of employment to provide showers and lockers for those persons walking or cycling, and bike racks or an area to safely leave your bike.
· Drive carefully and considerately on beaches and sand dunes.
· Dispose of any litter in rubbish bins or wait to you have access to one.
· If driving a campervan, use the designated campervan effluent disposal sites.