10.6 What can you do to help?

You can help the council better manage Northland's water resources by registering your "permitted" take with the Council. This helps the Council to sustainably manage water resources now and in the future and ensures your take is protected in the event of any future development in your catchment.

Make sure you obtain resource consent if your water take exceeds the volumes allowed by the permitted activity rule of RWSP. This will also help the Council sustainably manage Northland's water resources and ensure your take is legally protected in the future.

You can also help by ensuring efficient use of water. The Council has a number of pamphlets available with tips on how to conserve water. For more information refer to the ‘conserve water' brochure on the regional council website at the following link:

http://www.nrc.govt.nz/media/rn4h5uvr/conservewater.pdf" data-udi="umb://media/d27f7c93c7b14fecaeb9259ac03413ed (PDF 227 KB)