The following performance targets for Biosecurity Management are taken from the 2004-2014 Long Term Council Community Plan for Northland:
- Promote pest management options for quava moth and tropical grass webworm
- Undertake pest management operations in support of landholders and community groups, within defined community pest management Areas, in accordance with community pest management plans prepared for each area.
- Control a variety of pest plants around the region (Manchurian rice grass, African feathergrass, spartina, nassella tussock and lantana)
- Provide advice on the control of pest plants, animals and insects and an identification service
- Monitor infestations of Bathurst bur, nodding thistle and Californian thistle and ensure landholders are implementing agreed plant eradication programmes
- Enforce boundary clearance of gorse, broom and ragwort in response to complaints.
- Enforce quarry and roadside weed policies
- Promote the introduction of appropriate biological control agents