Bay of Islands rubbish options - Summer 2018-19
The Rubbish barge will operate from Friday 28 December 2018; then as follows:
|31 December||2 January||4 January|
|7 January||9 January||11 January|
|14 January||18 January|
This service is run on a weather-dependent basis and will reduce towards the end of January as demand drops off. Times below are approximate and may vary with weather and capacity of the barge.
- 9.30-10.30am - campsites on Urupukapuka Island
- 11.00am-2.00pm - anchored close to the south-eastern end of Moturua Island
- Fee $6.00 per bag of rubbish (cash only). Charge applies whether pre-paid or plain bags are used.
- Recyclables also accepted – fee of $2.00 - $5.00 also applies and depends on quantity. Please clean recycling, dirty recycling may incur an extra charge.
Refuse and recycling - Ōpua (adjacent to fuelling wharf)
- The site will be open from 7.30am to 5.15pm from 26 December to 29 January.
Recycling only - Rāwhiti - Kaingahoa Camp Grounds
- There will be an attendant on site from 10.00am to 2.00pm from 26 December to 13 January, then 1 hour per day until the end of the Summer season.
The rubbish barge is operating next on 18 January 2019.