Northland and Auckland Boat Discharge Rules – App
Contain or treat your boat sewage. Protect our bays and harbours.
To comply with staying overnight on your boat in Northland, you will need:
- a well-maintained treatment system that complies with the Marine Pollution Regulations; or
- a sewage holding tank, a portable toilet or a composting toilet, and;
- regularly and legally pump out all the sewage from your Boat’s sewage holding tank or portable toilet at a sewage pump-out facility or navigate into waters seaward of the marine pollution limit.
Our FREE offline Northland and Auckland Boat Discharge Rules App provides your location in relation to;
- Marine Pumpout Facilities,
- Marine farms,
- Anchoring Restrictions,
- Marine Pollution Regulation for Northland and
- Marine Farms, Marine Reserves and Boat Discharge Restrictions for Auckland.
For more detailed information about marine pollution and discharge rules, visit: www.nrc.govt.nz/marinepollution
Follow these steps to download and start using the App
1. ArcGIS Field Maps
on App Store
or Google Play
2. Open the App, click the 'skip sign in' link.
3. Use search function, to find Northland and Auckland Boat Discharge Rules - App and then download it.
4. Using the App
4a. On the map, the blue dot shows your location
4b. Explore the legends to understand the map icons. This is found in the menu (three dot icon)
4c. Explore the layers where you can toggle Northland region and Auckland region on and off
|4d. An example of the legends|
|4e. An example of the layers (note: disregard the default 'Markup' layer).|
|4f. To view boat discharge rules for Auckland, click or tap on the displayed link|
|4g. To view boat discharge rules for Northland, click or tap on the displayed link|