New Regional Plan
The Proposed Regional Plan sets out new rules and policies for how people use fresh water, land, air and the coast in Northland.
Hearings are scheduled to start in August 2018.
For more information, call the Policy and Planning Team on:
Freephone 0800 002 004.
Late submission – notification for further submissions
Council received a late submission from GBC Winstone on 23 May 2018. The submission was accepted by council and is open to further submissions until 4pm Thursday, 21 June 2018.
Further submissions in the prescribed form (below) can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Northland Regional Council, Private Bag 9021, Whangārei Mail Centre, Whangārei Mail Centre.
- View the submission and the summary of decisions requested (PDF, 250KB)
- View the public notice (PDF, 93KB)
- Download a further submission form (DOCX, 46KB)
Please note that a further submission may only express support or opposition to any existing matter raised in the submission from GBC Winstone on the Proposed Regional Plan. It must not raise any new points.
Submissions and further submissions
- Download the Summary of Decisions Requested report (PDF, 4MB)
- View the submissions and further submissions (XLSX, 39KB)
Proposed Regional Plan and background documents
- Download the Proposed Regional Plan (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Te Ture Whakamana ngā Iwi o Taitokerau - Statutory acknowledgments in Northland
This compendium document contains information about all statutory acknowledgements contained in Treaty settlement legislation for Northland, and is an attachment to the Proposed Regional Plan.
The Hearing Panel
The Northland Regional Council has delegated to a Hearing Panel the function of hearing the submissions on the Proposed Regional Plan for Northland (the Plan) and making recommendations to the council. The exception is the submissions seeking the addition of provisions for genetically modified organisms - the full council will be hearing these submissions separately.
The Hearing Panel is:
- Rob van Voorthuysen (independent commissioner and chair)
- Joce Yeoman (councillor)
- Miria Pomare (independent commissioner)
Read profiles of the Hearing Panel members (PDF 111KB)
The Hearing Panel and Council issue minutes to provide information to submitters and give directions about how the hearings will be run.
- Minute 5 - Council hearing of GE/GMO submissions (PDF, 48KB)
Information provided in response to Hearing Panel Minutes
- CEP Services – response to Minute 1 (PDF, 38KB)
- Refining NZ – response to Minute 1 (PDF, 599KB)
- Soil & Health Association NZ and GE Free Tai Tokerau (PDF, 1.8MB)
- Vision Kerikeri - response to Minute 1 (PDF, 334KB)
- WDC and FNDC - Response to minute 1 (PDF, 580KB)
Hard copies of all documents are available to purchase
Please contact email@example.com to organise purchase.
Read the regional report and fact sheets for an overview of the key topics in the Proposed Regional Plan.
We have produced maps indicating the amount of water currently allocated to be taken.
Find out how we plan to monitor and enforce compliance with the permitted activity rules in the new regional plan.