These maps and the accompanying soils legend are copies of hard copy data first published by the Department of Lands and Survey in 1988 as part of the New Zealand Land Inventory NZMS 290 Series.
While published at a scale of 1:100,000, the soils maps were compiled from 1:63,360 field maps and can be safely enlarged to those scales.
Should users have any questions in respect of this data please contact the regional council's Land Management Team.
Freephone: 0800 002 004
Should council officers not be able to assist, they will forward your enquiry to the appropriate people in GNS Science for rock types and geology, or Landcare Research for soils information.
- Soil Legend - Northland Peninsula.pdf (1132 KB)
- Soil Legend - Soil mapping units.pdf (849 KB)
- Soil Types - Ahipara-Herekino.pdf (712 KB)
- Soil Types - Bay of Islands.pdf (736 KB)
- Soil Types - Hukerenui-Whangarei.pdf (1592 KB)
- Soil Types - Kaitaia-Rawene.pdf (1571 KB)
- Soil Types - Mangakahia-Dargaville.pdf (1645 KB)
- Soil Types - Mangawhai-Warkworth.pdf (922 KB)
- Soil Types - Maungaturoto-Kaipara.pdf (1323 KB)
- Soil Types - North Cape-Houhora.pdf (1051 KB)
- Soil Types - Ruawai-Rototuna.pdf (859 KB)
- Soil Types - Waipoua-Aranga.pdf (929 KB)
- Soil Types - Whangaroa-Kaikohe.pdf (1395 KB)