This resource is provided courtesy of Dairying and the Environment Committee.
The purpose of this manual is to assist dairy farmers and farm management specialists with the practical, effective, safe and legal management of farm dairy effluent.
No person should rely on the contents of this publication without first obtaining advice from a professional person.
This publication is made availalbe on the terms that:
- the authors, consultants and editors are not responsible for the results of any actions taken on the basis of information in this publication, nor for any error in, or omission from, this publication; and
- the manual is not a statutory code.
The publisher and the authors, consultants and editors expressly disclaim all and any liability and responsibility to any person, whether a purchaser or reader of this publication or not, in respect of anything, and of the consequences of anything, done or omitted to be done by any such person in reliance, whether wholly or partially, upon the whole or any part of the contents of this publication. Without limiting the generality of the above, no author, consultant or editor shall have any responsibility for any act or omission of any other author, consultant or editor.
- Preface.pdf (2) (81 KB)
- Chapter 1 (1.0 - 1.6) - Managing Farm Dairy Effluent.pdf (910 KB)
- Chapter 1 (1.7 - 1.8) - Managing Farm Dairy Effluent.pdf (1045 KB)
- Chapter 2 (2.0 - 2.8) - Land Application.pdf (834 KB)
- Chapter 2 (2.9 - 22.214.171.124) - Land Application.pdf (842 KB)
- Chapter 2 (126.96.36.199 - 2.9.9) - Land Application.pdf (1285 KB)
- Chapter 2 (2.10 - 2.13) - Land Application.pdf (837 KB)
- Chapter 3 (3.0-3.7) - Pond Systems.pdf (1757 KB)
- Chapter 3 (3.8 - 3.10) - Pond Systems.pdf (1635 KB)
- Chapter 4 - Effluent from Feed Pads.pdf (706 KB)
- Chapter 5 - Regional Council Perspectives.pdf (401 KB)