Northland Regional Council sponsors the Environmental Excellence Award as part of the Westpac Northland Business Excellence Awards.
This award recognises innovative businesses who demonstrate a strong commitment to managing, protecting and enhancing Northland’s environment. The region’s natural resources sustain our lives.
Businesses need to use these resources appropriately and sustainably and consider water and waste management, smarter transport, environmental enhancements and education and community initiatives.
Westpac Northland Business Champions
In a year impacted by drought, Covid-19 and flooding, this one-off special event gave Northlander’s a chance to shine a light on those businesses and business people in their communities who displayed champion qualities such as leadership, community mindedness, innovation and resilience.
Congratulations to the 2020 winners!
HeadsUp Adventures Ltd – winners of the Northland Regional Council Environmental Business Champion Award.
The team from HeadsUp Adventures Ltd with NRC Chair, Penny Smart (far right).
- 2019 : HeadsUp Adventures Ltd
- 2018 : Northern Benchtops Ltd
- 2017 : Waitangi Treaty Grounds
- 2016 : Te Hiku Media
- 2015 : Ohaeawai Community Education Trust
- 2014 : Grinning Gecko Cheese Company and The Papermill (joint winners)
- 2013 : Bream Head Conservation Trust
- 2012 : Kia Tupato
- 2011 : Explore NZ
- 2010 : Forest Protection Services
- 2009 : Dive! Tutukaka
- 2008 : Mid-North Motor Inn
- 2007 : Fullers Bay of Islands
- 2006 : Northpower
- 2005 : Eagles Nest Retreat
- 2004 : Waitangi National Trust
To be eligible for our award, your business must enter the Northland Business Exellence Awards.
Visit the website for further information: www.northlandbusinesschampions.co.nz