These Terms and Conditions apply to the use of the online payment transaction service (Service) for the payment of certain types of transactions as made available by Northland Regional Council ("Council") from time to time through the Council website.
These Terms and Conditions constitute a contract between you and Council. Please read them carefully.
Please note that the Terms and Conditions may be altered or added to by Council at any time that Council determines necessary, with or without notice. Please, therefore, ensure that you read the Terms and Conditions carefully on each occasion that you use the Service.
It is strongly recommended that you take and retain a copy of any payment transactions for record keeping purposes.
- Payments using the Service are subject to a minimum amount of $10 inclusive of GST.
- Payment may be made using only Visa or MasterCard credit or debit cards.
- Council may contact you to confirm your credit or debit card details.
- All charges are in New Zealand Dollars and inclusive of GST (if any).
- Once a payment has been made it cannot be cancelled.
- Council accepts no responsibility for refusal or reversal of payments, which shall be a matter between you and your credit or debit card issuer.
Once the transaction is completed you will be given a reference number and a confirmation notification will be sent to your email for your records. It is your responsibility to verify that all transaction information and other details are correct. Council shall have no liability for transactions which are incorrect as a result of inaccurate data entry in the course of the use of the Service or for loss of data or information caused by factors beyond Council's control.
Provision / Collection of Information
You acknowledge that the credit or debit card information supplied by you in relation to the use of the Service is processed through a secure third party website. The only information supplied to Council via the third-party website is:
- The name of the card holder and card type.
- The first 6 and last 4 digits of the credit or debit card (for validation purposes).
- The expiry date.
- The payment amount.
- The time of payment.
- The Online Payments payment reference number.
- The payment outcome.
By using the Service, you agree:
- To provide information through electronic means, i.e. you agree to provide any relevant information, in the format and to the standards described for each transaction/application.
- That the information supplied by you will be retained in electronic form.
- To receive information through electronic means.
You hereby authorise Council to collect information about you (including information about transactions processed by you) from time to time through Council's website. Any such information collected shall be treated in accordance with Council's Privacy Statement, the Privacy Act 2020 and the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987.
Payments using the Service are made through a secure third party website. However, you acknowledge and agree that Internet transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be entirely secure or private and any information provided by you (including credit or debit card information) may be able to be read and/or intercepted by a third party. Council shall have no liability for the interception and/or 'hacking' of any data or other unauthorised access to information provided by you for the purposes of the Service.
Council uses the Datacom Payment Gateway for its online credit and debit card transactions.
- Payments are processed in real-time.
- Council does not have access to your full card number, this credit or debit card payment is secured by the Datacom Payment Gateway.
- Datacom’s Payment Gateway is compliant with the PCI-DSS standards for secure payments processing.
Requests for refunds must be made by contacting Council via:
Northland Regional Council
Private Bag 9021
Whangārei Mail Centre
Phone: 0800 002 004 (Mon - Fri, 8.00am - 4.30pm)
Email: [email protected]
If the request is granted, the refund will be deposited into your bank. You will be required to provide proof of your bank account.
If you dispute ant outstanding amount on your account, please contact Council.
Exclusion / limitation of Council's liability
To the extent permitted by law, Council does not accept liability for any damage, loss, costs (including legal costs), expenses, indirect losses or consequential damage of any kind which may be suffered or incurred by you from the use of the Service. If, for any reason, Council is found to be liable to you for any damage or loss which arises as a result of your use of the Service, Council's liability shall be limited to the amount paid by you through the Service or $100, whichever is the lesser.
Use / Availability of Service
Council does not warrant or guarantee that the Service and/or your use of the Service will be error-free, immediate, virus free and/or continuously available or that the information provided through the Service will be complete, accurate and/or up-to-date.
Council reserves the right to suspend, amend or cancel the Service at any time either temporarily or permanently.
You agree to indemnify Council for any loss, cost or expense suffered or incurred by Council as result of:
- Your breach of your obligations under the Terms and Conditions.
- Intentional misuse of the Service.
- Your negligent acts or omissions.
- Any claim brought against Council by a third party in relation to your use of the Service.
The Terms and Conditions are governed by New Zealand law. The New Zealand Courts have exclusive jurisdiction over any matter in connection with the Service and these Terms and Conditions.