· 1057 incidents were reported to the council in 2010-2011. The extent of investigation depends on the severity of the incident and the potential or actual effects on the environment.
· The council investigates all reported incidents.
· The greatest number of incidents reported was in the Whāngārei area.
· Other reported incidents were for odour nuisance, sewage in inland waters and earthworks and vegetation clearance.
· 91 percent of reported incidents had no or only a minor environmental impact.
· Three incidents had a long-term environmental impact and required restoration.
Blue-green algae being discharged to land to prevent pollution of rivers.