Reduce the adverse impacts of pest organisms, pest plants and animal pests on the environment, the economy and human health:
· Carry out a five-year formal review of all pest management strategies by 1 July 2010 NOT APPLICABLE;
· Prepare new Regional Pest Management Strategies as required and in accordance with the provisions of the Biosecurity Act NOT APPLICABLE;
· Develop one marine management strategy to enhance the region's marine capability and response to marine pest invasions by 2010. Implement by 30 June 2012 NOT APPLICABLE;
· Conduct annual monitoring on tropical grass webworm at seven sites annually and report webworm larval presence to property owners as appropriate ACHIEVED.
· Establish at least one new partnership with a pest agency and five new community pest plans (CPCA) annually and report to the Environmental Management Committee ACHIEVED.
· Achieve low to moderate density of possums in specified areas ACHIEVED.
· Provide a pest identification service and respond to all enquiries within five working days NOT ACHIEVED (reporting issue only).
Joint agency team surveying Northland lakes for plant pests and biodiversity monitoring.