Key points 2009-2010
· The Council's land management team responded to 188 sustainable land management enquiries during 2009-2010.
· The most popular enquiries were biodiversity (32), land information (29), wetlands (16), erosion control (13), catchment management (12) and threatened flora/fauna (9).
· More than $3 million has been awarded through the Environment Fund, to help people improve and protect Northland's natural environment.
· Approximately $500,000 was granted during 2009-2010.
· More than 800 of Northland's wetlands have been identified and ranked for ecological value.
· 25 meetings on sustainable land management were held with groups representing dairy farming, beef and sheep farming, pastoral farming generally, production forestry and primary industry consultants.