· 979 incidents were reported to the Council in 2009-2010.
· The Council investigates all reported incidents.
· The greatest number of incidents reported was in the Whāngārei area.
· The highest number of reported incidents was for air pollution, burning or smoke-nuisance related.
· Other reported incidents were for odour nuisance, sewage in inland waters and earthworks and vegetation clearance.
· 69% of reported incidents had no or only a minor environmental impact.
· One incident had a long-term environmental impact and required restoration.
Photo: Burning and smoke nuisance