Facilitate the collection, transport, re-use, storage, treatment and disposal of redundant agrichemicals and other small quantities of waste hazardous substances, where there is no appropriate service provided, by:
- Operating, in conjunction with Wrightson waste agrichemical collection facilities at Whangarei, Dargaville, Waipapa and Kaitaia.
- Operating a facility in Whangarei for the short-term storage of waste hazardous substances awaiting transport.
- Providing a collection, transport and a disposal service for the other quantities of waste hazardous substances.
- Export for safe destruction, the intractable waste hazardous substances that the Council has in long-term storage.
Facilitate the management of contaminated sites in Northland, by:
- Maintaining and updating a database of potentially contaminated sites, related site assessments and remediation.
- Promoting the assessment and remediation of significant contaminated sites.
- Promote the availability of contaminated site information through the LIM and PIM systems by providing the District Councils with the database of potentially contaminated sites, related site assessments and remediation.