The Northland Welfare Coordination Group exists to provide coordinated planning and delivery of welfare services during an emergency in Northland.
Members of the Northland Welfare Coordination Group are responsible (through the combined resources within their respective agencies) for:
- developing inter-agency planning and coordination and relationship building for welfare response;
- acting as an advisory and coordination group at regional level, as required in an emergency situation;
- providing appropriate support and guidance in the recovery phase through liaison with Group Recovery Manager or Local Recovery Manager;
- identifying individual agency deficiencies in Civil Defence Emergency Management (CDEM) planning and resources;
- bringing deficiencies - along with proposed solutions - to the attention of agency senior management; and
- ensuring solutions to deficiencies are implemented and maintained within and across agencies.
The Northland Welfare Coordination Group will meet on a quarterly basis or as required.
Costs for agency participation will lie where they fall. The Northland Civil Defence Emergency Management Group will provide support for aspects of the group’s work ,as appropriate.
The members of the Northland Welfare Coordination Group are:
- Ministry of Social Development
- Housing NZ Corporation
- Child, Youth and Family Services
- Ministry of Civil Defence Emergency Management
- Northland District Health Board
- Ministry of Education
- Salvation Army
- NZ Red Cross
- Victim Support
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Neighbourhood Support
- CDEM representative