Bay of Islands rubbish options - Summer 2017-18
Rubbish barge will operate from Wednesday 27 December, followed by Friday 29 December 2017.
In the new year the service will operate on 2, 4, 6, and 8, 10, 12 then 15, 19, 22 January 2018.
This service is run on a weather-dependent basis and will reduce towards the end of January as demand drops off. Times below are approximate and may vary with weather and capacity of the barge.
- 9.30-10.30am - campsites on Urupukapuka Island
- 11.00am-2.00pm - anchored close to the south-eastern end of Moturua Island
- Fee $6.00 per bag of rubbish (cash only). Charge applies whether pre-paid or plain bags are used.
- Recyclables also accepted – fee of $2.00 - $5.00 also applies and depends on quantity. Please clean recycling, dirty recycling may incur an extra charge.
- Weather-dependent - Check this website for more information on the Rubbish Barge.
Shore-based facilities also available at Ōpua, and recycling only at Rāwhiti.
Latest Update: These facilities will be available on, 15 January 2018.