Registration of Interest summary
REGISTRATION OF INTEREST CONTRACT 19/02
Kensington Avenue Redevelopment – Whangārei
Northland Regional Council (NRC) via their development partner Argyle Estates Limited (Argyle) is seeking Registrations of Interest (ROIs) from suitably qualified contractors for the redevelopment of 8 Kensington Avenue, Kensington, Whangārei. Argyle are proposing to redevelop the site which includes the refurbishment of the existing retail building to create approximately 11 new tenancies, and potentially the construction of a new childcare centre.
The Contract Works at a high level will include the following (but limited to):
Internal works will include (but not limited to):
- Asbestos removal and remediation.
- Building and reconfiguring internal walls to create spaces for tenancies.
- Plumbing and drainage to suit the new configuration.
- Installation and / or provision of utilities to suit the requirements of the tenants.
- General base build fitout with the provision of full fit-out for some tenancies. An Outline Specification will be provided at the RFT stage.
External works to the existing buildings will include (but not limited to):
- Redesigning and recladding of external facades to present a more appealing external appearance. This will include repainting parts of the building.
- Reconfiguration of entries and exits to account for the location and functioning of the tenancies.
- The installation of new aluminium windows and joinery.
- Replacement of existing roof and gutter systems.
- New canopies to pedestrian areas.
- Installation of new signage on the external façade of the building to advertise businesses within the new tenancies.
- Some areas of outdoor seating.
- Upgrade of existing carpark, with minor design changes.
The construction of a new childcare centre is also being considered.
This Registration of Interest (ROI) is an invitation for suitably qualified contractors to submit a Registration for the Kensington Avenue Redevelopment contract opportunity.
This ROI is the first step in a multi-step procurement process. Following evaluation, shortlisted Respondent/s will be invited to submit a full proposal in response to a Request for Tender (RFT). This document deals only with the first step, the ROI process.
Documents can be downloaded from the Government Electronic Tender Service (www.gets.govt.nz) website (RFx ID: 20808156).
Registrations must be submitted electronically through the GETS e-Tender box function. It is recommended that the uploading process be undertaken with sufficient time to allow the upload to complete before the Deadline for Registrations (particularly important for Registrations greater than 10mb).
Registrations of Interest must be submitted by: 4:00pm, Wednesday 27 March 2019. There is no late period.
All enquiries must be directed to our Point of Contact. We will manage all external communications through this Point of Contact.
Our Point of Contact:
Name: Sam Saunders
Title/role: Project Manager – The Property Group Limited
All enquiries in relation to this ROI must be directed to the Point of Contact through the GETS question/answer function.
Email notification of contracts out for tender
If you would like to be sent an email when any Northland Regional Council contracts come up for tender, please register for our subscription service.