Update as at 15 December 2021 - Northland is at Red under the COVID-19 Protection Framework
- Try online, email or phone first – we’re still trying to minimise face-to-face interactions so please only come into our offices if you need to see us in person.
- Wear a mask if you’re coming to see us – it’s required under under Red unless you’re unable to wear face covering. Our staff will be wearing masks too if you come in.
What services we can provide under Red
Our normal services are available while under Red, though with some restrictions in how they operate. For example:
- Council meetings and workshops – we encourage people to attend online.
- Pest traps and other pest control products are available for sale again, though you can still buy them elsewhere too. As always, our biosecurity experts are available to provide advice on pest management (by phone or email if possible under Red).
- Public bus services are operating under Red (see Buses below).
For any questions or enquiries contact us on 0800 002 004, or email [email protected]
Office hours for the Christmas-New Year break
Our offices will be closed from 2:00pm Friday, 24 December until Monday 10 January 2022.
Environmental or maritime incidents can be reported to our 24/7 Environmental Hotline (0800) 504 639 over the break.
Find out more about public transport under Red guidelines at: www.nrc.govt.nz/gettingaround
We will continue to provide public updates as we have them available on this page of our website.
Find links to all our social channels at the top right-hand side of our website: www.nrc.govt.nz