The Proposed Regional Plan sets out new rules and policies for how people use fresh water, land, air and the coast in Northland.
Hearings are scheduled to start in August 2018.
For the hearings schedule, and s42A (recommendation) reports visit our hearings information page
For any further information, call the Policy and Planning Team on:
Freephone 0800 002 004.
Submissions and further submissions
The Proposed Regional Plan was notified in September 2017, with further submission notified March 2018. During this time, over 400 submissions and further submissions were received.
- Download the Summary of Decisions Requested report (PDF, 4MB)
- View the submissions and further submissions (XLSX, 186KB)
Proposed Regional Plan and background documents
- Read the Proposed Regional Plan online
- Download the Proposed Regional Plan (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Proposed Regional Plan maps
- Minor corrections to Proposed Regional Plan September 2017 (PDF, 21KB)
- Section 32 Report (background report to the Proposed Regional Plan) (PDF, 2.86MB)
- Read the public notice
- Te Ture Whakamana ngā Iwi o Taitokerau - Statutory acknowledgments in Northland
This compendium document contains information about all statutory acknowledgements contained in Treaty settlement legislation for Northland, and is an attachment to the Proposed Regional Plan.
Hard copies of all documents are available to purchase
Please contact us on the number above or at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise purchase.
Schedules, section 42A (recommendation) reports and background information for the Proposed Regional Plan hearings.
View the Proposed Regional Plan maps online.
Find out about the legal effect of rules in the Proposed Regional Plan.
Reports referenced in, and used to help prepare, the Proposed Regional Plan.
We have produced maps indicating the amount of water currently allocated to be taken.
Find out how we plan to monitor and enforce compliance with the permitted activity rules in the new regional plan.
Follow the project timeline for developing the new regional plan.
Read the draft Regional Plan and the feedback we received.
Find out more about the operative regional plans for Northland.
Stakeholder workshops and regional hui have helped inform the 10 year review of the regional plans.