Submissions closed Friday 16 April 2021.
Northland Regional Council is developing its plan for the next 10 years – our Long Term Plan 2021-2031. Alongside this, we’re also carrying out our annual review of the user fees and charges.
What you told us at our 'Have Your Say' events
As part of council’s consultation on the Long Term Plan 2021-2031 and draft User Fees and Charges 2021/22, a series of ‘Have Your Say’ events were held around the region. These were held in lieu of a more formal hearing process. The events offered an opportunity for people to provide face-to-face feedback to councillors about the long term plan proposals, to better understand the proposals, and to gain advice from expert staff.
Read the documents
Like all councils, we do a Long Term Plan every three years. We look at where we are now, where we all want to be in 10 years’ time and how we’ll get there. Everyone wants a thriving natural environment, resilient communities and more chances to fulfil our region’s potential – but we need to decide on the priorities and how it all gets paid for.
The Long Term Plan 2021-2031 Consultation Document sets out what we’re proposing to do for the next 10 years. To produce this consultation document we have reviewed all our previous activities, consulted with our communities – during the early consultation we ran in August 2020 –and mapped out our proposed future plans.
Getting the balance right is tricky, so that’s why we want your feedback. It helps make sure we understand what’s important to our communities, and that we’re on the right track before making any final decisions.
Draft User Fees and Charges 2021/22
Our user fees and charges schedule sets out all fees and charges (not rates) that council is authorised to set as a result of various pieces of legislation that it works under. We review this annually alongside either the Long Term Plan or an annual plan, and you can have your say on proposed changes to these charges too.
- Long Term Plan 2021-2031 Consultation Document (PDF, 12MB)
- Long Term Plan 2021-2031 Supporting Information (PDF, 4.1MB)
- Draft User Fees and Charges 2021/22 (PDF, 5.8MB)
- Revenue and financing policy (PDF, 345KB)
- Significance and engagement policy (PDF, 313KB)
- Financial contributions policy (PDF, 163KB)
- Rating policies (PDF, 1.9MB) District council websites can be found here: www.wdc.govt.nz | www.kaipara.govt.nz | www.fndc.govt.nz
- Policy on the appointment of directors to council organisations (PDF, 142KB)
- Statement of accounting policies (PDF, 225KB)
- Treasury management policy (PDF, 308KB)
- Draft Liability management policy (PDF, 64KB)
- Draft Investment policy (PDF, 69KB)