- Keep off the dunes and stick to the tracks
- Wheels and feet destroy important plants and make dunes unstable.
- Watch your dog
- Don't let dogs run over dunes or chase shorebirds – and clean up after them.
- Take your rubbish home with you
- Keep our beautiful beaches free of litter.
- Manage weeds carefully
- If you live near the coast, get rid of weeds properly and compost garden waste instead of dumping it on the beach.
- Keep stock in the paddock
- Fence coastal margins to keep stock off the dunes.
Stick to the tracks to protect the plants and dunes.
Contact the CoastCare Co-ordinator at the Northland Regional Council to find a CoastCare group near you. For more information visit www.nrc.govt.nz/coastcare