An interactive careers event for high achieving Year 11 students to explore career possibilities in Northland’s Primary Industries.
A certain number of places have been allocated to all Northland schools to attend a one day event in either Whangārei or Kerikeri. These students are likely to further their education at the tertiary level, although they may still be working out what direction to take.
Participate in interactive workshops run by professionals from Northland Regional Council, Rabobank, Ministry of Primary Industries and SEEKA.
Visit the workplace of one of Northland's leading employers, either NIWA, TAHI NZ, SEEKA or Plant and Food Research.
Register before 5pm Friday, 31 August to secure your choice of event and site visit.
Contact Jacque or Chris if you're not sure how many places your school has been allocated.
- Jacque Knight: Secondary Enviroschools Facilitator: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 021 488 822
- Chris Mason: Whangārei A&P Society: email@example.com Phone 09 438 3109
If you need to cancel or reassign a registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.
Download the brochure for more information (PDF, 423KB)
Barge Showgrounds Event Centre
474 Maunu Rd, Whangārei
Wednesday 19 September - 8.45am - 3.30pm
- NIWA Northland Marine Research Centre: Ocean science in aquaculture and fisheries (Ruakaka), or
- TAHI NZ: Sustainable honey production (Pataua North).
Schools are required to arrange their own transport to Barge Showgrounds. Participants will be bused to the sites returning by 3.30pm.
The Old Packhouse Market
505 Kerikeri Rd, Kerikeri
Thursday 20 September - 8.45am - 3.30pm
- SEEKA: Laboratory, packhouse and orchard, or
- Plant & Food Research: Research and development of plant and food.
Schools are required to arrange their own transport to The Old Packhouse Market. Schools will then need to transport participants to their selected fieldtrip sites. Schools with one vehicle will need to attend the same location. Either:
- SEEKA, 153 Waipapa Rd, Kerikeri or
- Plant and Food Research, 121 Keri Downs Rd, Kerikeri.