An interactive careers event for high achieving Year 10-13 students to explore career possibilities in Northland’s professional primary industries.
A certain number of places have been allocated to all Northland schools to attend a one day events in Whangārei and Kerikeri. These students are likely to further their education at the tertiary level, although they may still be working out what direction to take.
Participate in interactive workshops run by inspiring industry professionals from Northland’s Primary industries and get a taste of the exciting things happening in their working world.
- Northland Regional Council - Biodiversity, Biosecurity and Māori Engagement
- Rabobank - A day in the life of the world’s leading specialist food and agribusiness bank
- Fonterra Farm Source - Managing the relationships between Fonterra and its shareholders
- Red Meat Profit Partnership - Introducing new ideas and technologies into the farming sector.
Contact Jacque or Ellie if you're not sure how many places your school has been allocated.
- Jacque Knight: Enviroschools Secondary Facilitator: email@example.com Phone 021 488 822
- Ellie Ball: Whangārei A&P Society Projects Co-ordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 09 438 3109
If you need to cancel or reassign a registration, please email email@example.com with the details.
Schools are required to arrange their own transport to each venue, including to the site visits. This will mean that students from each school will go to the same site visit unless multiple vehicles are brought
Download the brochure all the information (PDF, 1MB)
Barge Showgrounds Event Centre
474 Maunu Rd, Whangārei
Wednesday, 14 August - 8.45am - 3.30pm
- Fonterra Kauri - Manufacturing plant
- Maungatapere Berries - Orchard and processing plant
The Old Packhouse Market
505 Kerikeri Rd, Kerikeri
Thursday 15 August - 8.45am - 3.30pm
- Marsden Estate - Vineyard and Winery
- Pamu’s Kapiro Station - Farm support services, including veterinary, agricultural research and technology.