Kai Iwi Lakes Free Open Day 2015
Saturday 27 January 10:30 am to 03:30 pm
The Kai Iwi Lakes Open Day is held on Auckland/Northland Anniversary weekend.
Family friendly activies include:
- guided day snorkelling
- guided night snorkelling (bookings essential firstname.lastname@example.org)
- waka ama
- circus skills workshop
- boidiversity and cultural tours
- spot prizes to be won
This event is intended to provide people with an insight into the rare national biodiversity and cultural treasures that are the Kai Iwi Dune Lakes in a fun, family friendly way.
The objectives of this open day are:
- For people to made aware of how to protect the lake
- Promote World Wetlands day
- For people to get an understanding of the values and significance of the lakes
- For people to how to keep safe in the water whilst snorkelling or swimming
- To promote behaviour change in the following areas: Check, Clean, Dry between waterways. Leave only footprints - don't put anything into the lake except yourself. Water Safety.