Submissions on this resource consent application have closed
Philip Thornton and Graham Collie
Address for service
Attention: Owen Burn
PO Box 105153
Waipohutukawa Bay, Bay of Islands
The application seeks resource consents for a proposed boardwalk and jetty facility development to serve two adjoining residential holiday properties located in Waipohutukawa Bay, Bay of Islands.
The proposal seeks authorisation for an extension to an existing hard protection structure and a new section of hard protection structure (rock revetment). The proposed piled boardwalk and jetty facility includes a piled timber boardwalk and jetty, a gangway, three floating pontoons, a wave attenuation device, mooring piles and 'seaflex' anchoring system. Capital and maintenance dredging is proposed to form approaches to the jetty facility and all-tide vessel berths.
Place and use space on land with hard protection structures.
Place and occupy space in the coastal marine area with a boardwalk and jetty facility (including board walk, fixed jetty, gangway, pontoons, mooring piles, 'seaflex' mooring system and a wave attenuation device).
Capital dredging to form an approach channel (including batter slopes) to, and berths at, a jetty facility.
Maintenance dredging of an approach channel and vessel berths.
Type of consent
Land Use Consent and Coastal Permits
Last day for serving a submission
Wednesday, 4 July 2018 18 July 2018*
* The applicant has agreed to an extension of the submission period by 10 working days to enable submitters to consider the additional information (suite of plans) posted on this notice on 26 June 2018. Submitters have been contacted and invited to review their submissions based on the additional information available.
Make a submission
The application includes an assessment of environmental effects.
The application, plus additional information requested by the council, may be inspected at the Northland Regional Council’s offices at Whangārei or Ōpua and Waipapa or can be downloaded below.
- Application and AEE - Part 1 (PDF, 4.8MB)
- Application and AEE - Part 2 (PDF, 4.7MB)
- Application and AEE - Part 3 (PDF, 4.9MB)
- Application and AEE - Part 4 (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Plans of the proposed structure (PDF, 2MB)
- S92 Response (PDF, 757KB)
- Section 92 Letter - Request Further information (PDF, 183KB)
Any person may make a written submission on this application. The submission must be in the prescribed form (Form 13). Copies of this form are available from any of the Northland Regional Council’s offices. Please ensure that your submission is signed and dated (a signature is not required if you make your submission by email). If you are a trade competitor, then your submission must not relate to trade competition.
If you wish to make a submission on the above application you must do so by serving it on the Northland Regional Council on or before Wednesday, 4 July 2018 18 July 2018. There are a number of ways in which you may serve your submission (Note: the date that you complete any of these four actions is the date that you are deemed to have ‘served’ your submission and this must be done on or before Wednesday, 4 July 2018 18 July 2018):
- Hand deliver your submission to any of the Council’s offices – these are located at:
• 36 Water Street, Whangārei
• 42 Hokianga Road, Dargaville
• Shop 9, 12 Klinac Lane, Waipapa
• Unit 10, Ōpua Industrial Marine Park, Ōpua, and
• 192 Commerce Street, Kaitāia
- Post your submission to Private Bag 9021, Whangārei Mail Centre, Whangārei 0148
- Fax a copy of your submission to (09) 470 1202, or
- Email your submission to: email@example.com
Submission forms (Form 13) are available at all the Council’s offices and can also be downloaded electronically as a PDF or Microsoft Word file (below).
Download the submission form (PDF version) (PDF, 60KB)
Download the submission form (MS Word version) (Document, 54KB)
You must serve a copy of your submission on the applicant (at the address for service, or applicant’s email address stated above) as soon as reasonably practicable after serving your submission on the Northland Regional Council.
Please contact Melanie Donaghy - Consulting Planner, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this application.
Wednesday, 6 June 2018