Submissions are open until Monday, 29 April 2019 on a notified resource consent application by Whangarei District Council.
Whangarei District Council
Address for service
Mr Max Haag
RS Eng Ltd
2 Seaview Road
Matapouri Beach, Matapouri
Beach replenishment works
Capital dredging within the coastal marine area to extract up to 15,000 cubic metres of sand from three areas within the Matapouri Estuary for the purposes of beach replenishment.
Deposit sand within the coastal marine area along a 650 metre length of Matapouri Beach for the purposes of beach replenishment and ongoing maintenance of the replenished beach.
Maintenance dredging within the coastal marine area of the Matapouri Estuary to extract sand for the maintenance of replenished beach.
Earthworks in a riparian management zone / coastal hazard management area to deposit sand for beach replenishment and ongoing maintenance of the replenished beach.
Disturb the foreshore in the coastal marine area of Matapouri Beach and Matapouri Estuary during activities associated with beach replenishment work and ongoing maintenance of the replenished beach.
Phone: 09 470 1200
Freephone: 0800 002 004
Last day for serving a submission
Monday, 29 April 2019
Make a submission
The application includes an assessment of environmental effects. The application may be inspected at the Northland Regional Council’s offices at Whangārei or can be downloaded below.
- Application and AEE (PDF, 13.7MB)
- s92 Further Information - Clarification Request and Response (PDF, 580KB)
- s92 Request for Further Information - Dated 24-10-2018 (PDF, 860KB)
- S92 Response dated 21-11-2018 (PDF, 14.5MB)
There are a number of ways in which you may serve your submission (Note: the date that you complete any of these four actions is the date that you are deemed to have ‘served’ your submission and this must be done on or before Monday, 29 April 2019):
- Hand deliver your submission to any of the Council’s offices – these are located at:
• 36 Water Street, Whangārei
• 42 Hokianga Road, Dargaville
• Unit 10, Ōpua Industrial Marine Park, Ōpua, and
• Shop 9, 12 Klinac Lane, Waipapa
• 192 Commerce Street, Kaitāia
- Post your submission to Private Bag 9021, Whangārei Mail Centre, Whangārei 0148
- Email your submission to: email@example.com
Submission forms (Form 13) are available at all the Council’s offices and can also be downloaded electronically as a PDF or Microsoft Word file (below).
Download the submission form (PDF version) (PDF, 60KB)
Download the submission form (MS Word version) (Document, 54KB)
You must serve a copy of your submission on the applicant (at the address for service, or applicant’s email address stated above) as soon as reasonably practicable after serving your submission on the Northland Regional Council.
Northland Regional Council
27 March 2019