Submissions on this consent application CLOSED on 23 June 2020.
The following application for a resource consent was received by the Northland Regional Council and was publicly notified pursuant to section 95A of the Resource Management Act 1991.
Mangawhai Historic Wharf Trust
Address for service
C/O Colin Leach
35 Cheviot Street
Mangawhai Estuary, Moir Street, Mangawhai Village
The application seeks resource consents for a proposed wharf facility in the coastal marine area of the Mangawhai Estuary at the end of Moir Street, Mangawhai.
The proposed wharf facility will consist of a piled timber wharf structure that will extend 101 metres (m) into the coastal marine area. An elevated 3 m wide walkway, 90 m in length, leads to the head of the wharf, which will have dimensions of 10.9 m long and 12 m wide. A building with dimensions of 7 m by 6 m by 3.1 m high at its apex is proposed to be constructed on the wharf head. A gangway 14 m long will extend from the head of the wharf to a 12 m by 4 m floating concrete pontoon secured in position by 4 piles. The proposed wharf facility is to reinstate the historic Mangawhai Wharf that was built in the 1880s and demolished in the 1950s.
Types of consent
Resource Consent Application APP.040213.01.01
APP.040213.01: Place and use space in the coastal marine area with a wharf facility (inclusive of a wharf, a building, gangway and pontoon and piles).
APP.040213.02: Disturb foreshore in the coastal marine area during construction and maintenance of a wharf facility.
The application includes an assessment of environmental effects. The application may be viewed during office hours at the Kaipara District Council’s office at The Hub, 6 Molesworth Drive, Mangawhai.
- Application Form (PDF, 457KB)
- Mangawhai Historic Wharf - Locality Plan (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Mangawhai Historic Wharf - Introduction to the Resource Consent Application (PDF, 1.9MB)
- Appendix 1- Report on Consultation (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Appendix 2 - Development and Operations (PDF, 3.3MB)
- Appendix 3 - Planner's Report (PDF, 582KB)
- Appendix 4 - Cultural Impact Assessment (PDF, 4MB)
- Appendix 5 - Preliminary Archaelogical Assessment (PDF, 11MB)
- Appendix 6 - Heritage NZ Correspondence (PDF, 162KB)
- Appendix 7 - Landscape and Visual Assessment (PDF, 10.1MB)
- Appendix 8 - Assessment of Environmental Effects Minor Coastal Activity (PDF, 3.3MB)
- Appendix 9 - Inter-tidal and Bird Survey (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Appendix 10 - Overview of Environmental Effects (PDF, 319KB)
- Appendix 11 - Proposed Conditions of Consent (PDF, 528KB)