Please note that the general public and other interested persons cannot make a submission on this application as it has been limited notified only.
The persons who can make a submission on this application are property owners and occupiers between Reotahi and Taurikura who have been determined as being affected by the ongoing discharges to air associated with the operation of the refinery. These persons will have received a limited notification letter from the council advising them that they are considered to be an affected person by this application.
The other affected persons for this application are Patuharakeke Trust Board and Te Parawhau Trust for cultural effects.
Description of Activities
The renewal of the various resource consents required for the ongoing operations of the Marsden Point refinery, which includes discharges to air, land and coastal marine area, groundwater extraction, and structures in the coastal marine area.
Blair Masefield, Lands and Survey Ltd
(Please note the large file size of some of these documents)
- Volume 1 - AEE Report (PDF, 5.7MB)
- Volume 2 - Annexures 1-2 (contains the application form) (PDF, 721KB)
- Volume 3a - Landscape Assessment (PDF, 14.6MB)
- Volume 3b - Air Quality Assessment (PDF, 13.4MB)
- Volume 3c - Marine Mammals (PDF, 925KB)
- Volume 3d - Archaeological and Heritage Values (PDF, 3.2MB)
- Volume 3e - Economic Assessment (PDF, 1MB)
- Volume 3f - Marine Ecology (PDF, 16.7MB)
- Volume 3g - Coastal Bird Assessment (PDF, 372KB)
- Volume 3h - Recreation and Tourism (PDF, 11.7MB)
- Volume 3i - Hydrogeological Model (PDF, 8.5MB)
- Volume 3j - Environmental Health (PDF, 827KB)
- Volume 3k - Crude Shipping Project AEE_Part1 (PDF, 15.2MB)
- Volume 3k - Crude Shipping Project AEE_Part2 (PDF, 15.3MB)
- Volume 3k - Crude Shipping Project AEE_Part3 (PDF, 15MB)
- Volume 3k - Crude Shipping Project AEE_Part4 (PDF, 15.3MB)
- Volume 3k - Crude Shipping Project AEE_Part5 (PDF, 15.3MB)
- Volume 3k - Crude Shipping Project AEE_Part6 (PDF, 12.9MB)
- Volume 3k - Crude Shipping Project AEE_Part7 (PDF, 8.8MB)
- Volume 3k - Crude Shipping Project AEE_Part8 (PDF, 42MB)
- Volume 3l - Terrestrial Ecology (PDF, 17MB)
- Volume 3m - Water Quality (PDF, 7.8MB)
- Volume 3n - Alternatives Assessment (PDF, 4.9MB)
- Volume 4 - Annexures 4-15 (PDF, 5.7MB)
Make a submission
If you wish to make a submission on the above application you must do so by serving it on the Northland Regional Council on or before Wednesday, 23 September 2020. You may serve your submission in one of the two following ways (Note: the date that you complete either of these actions is the date that you are deemed to have ‘served’ your submission and this must be done on or before Wednesday, 23 September 2020):
- You may post your submission to Private Bag 9021, Whangārei Mail Centre, Whangārei 0148.
- You may e-mail your submission to [email protected]
The submission must be in the prescribed form (Form 13), which must be signed and dated (a signature is not required if you make your submission by email). If you are a trade competitor, then your submission must not relate to trade competition.
You must also serve a copy of your submission on the applicant, The New Zealand Refining Company Limited, Riaan Elliot (email: [email protected]), as soon as reasonably practicable after serving your submission on the Northland Regional Council.
If you require further explanation of this application or further information before deciding whether or not to make a submission, please do not hesitate to contact council’s consultant planner, Blair Masefield, Lands and Survey Ltd at: [email protected]