Submissions on this consent application CLOSED 8 July 2020.
Joint public notification of applications for resource consent under s95a of the Resource Management Act 1991.
Northland Regional Council (NRC) and Far North District Council (FNDC) have jointly received an application from Far North Holdings Limited for resource consents to reclaim an area of seabed adjacent to the Bay of Islands Boatyard, commonly known as Ashby’s, to establish and operate an area for barging activities and a landing facility for marine farming operations.
Far North Holdings Limited
Consents sought from the NRC are for coastal permits for the following activities:
- a 1700 square metre reclamation of the coastal marine area;
- new structures (including ramp and timber jetty) and associated utilities;
- exclusive occupation of the coastal marine area;
- hard protection structures (new seawalls);
- capital and maintenance dredging to provide for the construction and maintenance of access to the proposed reclamation;
- mangrove removal;
- incidental discharges associated with dredging and associated activities that disturb the foreshore and seabed; and
- diversion and discharge of storm water and decant water from the reclamation during its construction and ongoing operation.
A land use permit and discharge consent are also being sought for the disposal of dredge spoil and associated discharge of contaminants (leachate) to land.
The NRC reference number for this application is APP.040976.01.01
Consents sought from the FNDC are for land use consents for future activities on the proposed reclamation, earthworks for the provision of vehicular access and a minor realignment of the existing cycle trail, and minor infringements of the permitted noise levels specified in the District Plan.
The earthworks also require consent under the NES for Assessing and Managing Contaminants in Soil to Protect Human Health.
The FNDC reference number for this application is RC2200220
The application may be viewed at the Northland Regional Council office in Waipapa and the Far North District Council office in Kerikeri.
Address for service
Bay of Islands Planning Limited
PO Box 795
NRC application documents
- NRC Application and AEE (PDF, 825KB)
- 1. Haigh Workman Limited - Site Suitability Report [15119B, September 2019] (PDF, 4.9MB)
- 2. Haigh Workman Limited - Engineering drawings 15 119 (PDF, 4.1MB)
- 3. Marshall Day Acoustics - Noise Assessment [Rp001 20190467, 13 June 2019] (PDF, 1.3MB)
- 4. 4Sight Consulting - Assessment of Ecological Effects [Aa4046, September 2019] (PDF, 8.7MB)
- 5. Simon Cocker Landscape Architecture - Assessment of Landscape, natural character and visual amenity effects (PDF, 10.9MB)
- 6. m.e consulting - Opua Landing Economic Assessment May 2017 (PDF, 6.1MB)
- a. Haigh Workman - Layout and Design Drawings (PDF, 4.1MB)
- b. Northland Ecology - Ecological Assessment of a Proposed Vehicle Turning Area at Opua Marina (PDF, 1.43MB)
- s92 Response dated 15.04.2020 (PDF, 370KB)