Report and Decision of the Hearing Commissioner - application lodged by Douglas Craig Schmuck and Interesting Projects Limited (PDF, 4.0MB)
Douglas Craig Schmuck T/A Doug’s Opua Boatyard
Address for service
Reyburn and Bryant Limited
PO Box 191
1 Richardson Street, Ōpua
New and replacement consents are sought to upgrade the existing boatyard and associated wharf and slipway facilities involving the following activities:
Types of consent
Various coastal permits, land use consents and discharges to land, water and air.
Application documents - Douglas Craig Schmuck T/A Doug’s Opua Boatyard
- Application document (PDF, 2MB)
- Appendix 1 (PDF, 123KB)
- Appendix 2 (PDF, 3.15MB)
- Appendix 3 (PDF, 4.42MB)
- Appendix 4 (PDF, 733KB)
- Appendix 5 (PDF, 6.34MB)
- Appendix 6 (PDF, 3.4MB)
- Appendix 7 - Appendix 11 (PDF, 3.42MB)
- Appendix 12 (PDF, 6.64MB)
- Appendix 13 (PDF, 12MB)
- Appendix 14 (PDF, 4.43MB)
- Appendix 15 (PDF, 2.38MB)
- Appendix 16 - Appendix 17 (PDF, 7MB)
- Application and AEE video (via YouTube)
s42A Staff Report and Recommendation
- Minute No. 1 - dated 01.07.2020 (PDF, 214 KB)
- Minute No. 2 dated 26.07.2020 (PDF, 226KB)
- Minute No. 3 dated 20.07.2020 (PDF, 199KB)
- Minute No. 4 dated 04.09.2020 (PDF, 210KB)
- Minute No. 4A dated 07.09.2020 (PDF, 263KB)
- Minute No. 5 dated 13.09.2020 (PDF, 190KB)
Applicant's Evidence for Pre-Circulation
- Applicant's Evidence 1. Evidence of Doug Schmuck (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Applicant's Evidence 2. Evidence of Brett Hood (PDF, 12.3MB)
- Applicant's Evidence 3. Evidence of John Papesch (PDF, 572KB)
- Applicant's Evidence 4. Evidence of Peter Stacey (PDF, 1.15MB)
- Applicant's Evidence 5. Evidence of Dr Peter Wilson (PDF, 3.15MB)
- Applicant's Evidence 6. Evidence of Andrew Johnson (PDF, 502KB)
- Applicant's Evidence 7. Evidence of Mike Farrow (PDF, 147KB)
- Applicant's Evidence 8. Evidence of Julie Kidman (PDF, 205KB)
Applicant's Final Right of Reply
- A - John Papesch further statement 5.8.20 (PDF, 435KB)
- B1 - 4Sight Consulting letter 27.8.20 (PDF, 214KB)
- B2 - 4Sight Consultants Pipi Relocation Plan (755KB)
- C1 - Peter Stacey email chain 3.8.20 (PDF, 1.1MB)
- C2 - Peter Stacey email chain 24.8.20 (PDF 1.1MB)
- D - Andrew Johnson email chain 31.8.20 (PDF, 1.1MB)
- E - Doug Schmuck email re Clark 7.8.20 (PDF, 455KB)
- F - Doug Schmuck email to Cooper 8.8.20 (PDF, 474KB)
- G - Doug Schmuck instructions to Brett Hood 4.8.20 (PDF, 528KB)
- H1 - Brett Hood supplementary statement 31.8.20 (PDF, 117KB)
- H2 - Draft conditions Clean Final 31.8.20 (BH Edits) (PDF, 434KB)
- Submissions of counsel for DOBY in reply 1.9.20 (PDF, 721KB)
- Submissions of counsel in reply - Interesting Projects Ltd 1.9.20 (PDF, 1MB)
Responses to Minutes
- Response Minute 4A from NRC - A Hartstone (PDF, 316KB)
- Memo of counsel in response to Minutes 4_ 4A (PDF, 17.8MB)
- Minute 5 Response - 3 - B - Doug Schmuck - response to Minute dated 15.09.2020 (PDF, 8.7MB)
- Minute 5 Response - 2 - A - Further Evidence -John Papesch dated 15.09.2020 (PDF, 165KB)
- Minute 5 Response - 1 Memo of counsel in response to Minutes 4A and 5 dated 15.09.2020 (PDF, 111KB)
- Minute 5 - NRC response - 28.09.2020 (PDF, 4MB)
- Minute 5 - Final Response from Applicant dated 25.09.2020 (PDF, 4MB)
Reconstruct a wharf facility in the coastal marine area (including alterations to the wharf, floating pontoons, piles, stormwater pipe/s (attached to wharf), marina berths, slipway, signage, ladders, security and safety lighting, security gate).
Reconstruct a slipway in the coastal marine area (inclusive of slipway, turning block and associated cabling).
Place a hard protection structure (subsurface erosion barrier) in the coastal marine area.
Occupy space in the coastal marine area with structures associated with the Doug’s Opua Boatyard, including a wharf facility, a slipway, a workboat mooring and associated dinghy pull, and a hard protection structure.
Occupy space in the coastal marine area in the vicinity of the wharf facility and slipway to the exclusion of others (occupation area).
Use the slipway in the coastal marine area for minor vessel maintenance.
Use the wharf facility structures and three work berth areas adjacent to the wharf in the coastal marine area for the purposes of vessel maintenance and chartering.
Use two berths associated with the wharf facility pontoon as a marina in the coastal marine area.
Disturb the foreshore and seabed in the coastal marine area during demolition and removal of unwanted structures, wharf facility and slipway reconstruction, and construction of a subsurface erosion structure.
Earthworks in the coastal riparian management area (for slipway reconstruction).
Capital dredging around berths, fairway and slipway in the coastal marine area.
Maintenance dredging to maintain vessel berths, fairway and slipway in the coastal marine area.
Discharge treated stormwater to the coastal marine area.
Discharge contaminants to land from vessel maintenance activities.
Discharge contaminants to air from vessel maintenance activities.
Discharge contaminants to air in the coastal marine area from vessel maintenance activities.
Interesting Projects Limited T/A Great Escape
Address for service | Applicant's email | Location
Refer as above
Application document - Interesting Project Limited T/A Great Escape
S127 Change in resource consent conditions of AUT.008270.01.02 to reposition pontoon.
Please contact Alister Hartstone, Set Consulting Limited, via email at [email protected] being the consent processing officer, or Paul Maxwell at our Whangārei office on (09) 470 1200 or free phone (0800) 002 004 if you have any questions about this application.