Long Term Plan 2018-2028
Feedback on our Long Term Plan 2018-2028 has now closed
If you'd like to see what we consulted on, you can still download our Consultation Document below:
Read the Consultation Document (PDF, 1.6MB)
For those interested in more detail, check out ‘Supporting information and other useful documents’ below.
|The feedback period CLOSED 4pm, Tuesday 17 April 2018|
'Have Your Say' event feedback
As part of the consultation process for our Long Term Plan, we held seven 'Have Your Say' events around the region in late March. This was an opportunity for people to ask questions and give feedback directly to councillors (as we aren't holding formal hearings).
We recorded feedback at each of the events, and here's what people told us:
- Report on feedback from 'Have Your Say' events (PDF, 300KB)
- 'Have Your Say' event feedback (PDF, 1.9MB)
- Supporting information: Long Term Plan 2018-2028 (PDF, 3.9MB)
- Frequently asked questions about the consultation process (PDF, 75KB)
- Draft rating policies and statement of proposal (PDF, 610KB)
- Draft charging policy and statement of proposal (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Draft revenue and financing policy and statement of proposal (PDF, 440KB)
- Sports facility projects in line for funding (PDF, 500KB)
- Summary of our policy updates (PDF, 660KB)
- Our 'Significance and engagement policy' and 'Financial contributions policy' are in the 'Supporting information: Long Term Plan' document (see above).
Where to from here?
Once the feedback period for the Long Term Plan has closed, all the feedback – both written feedback and face-to-face feedback from the 'Have Your Say' events – will be collated and provided to council.
During May, the full council will review and discuss the feedback and make decisions for the final Long Term Plan. The final Long Term Plan 2018-2028 will be formally adopted by council in June 2018.
What is a Long Term Plan?
Watch our 'What is a Long Term Plan?' video below via our YouTube channel.
Read the early feedback
From mid-August to early September 2017 we asked people to tell us what their priorities are for Northland's environment, economy and communities for the next ten years.
The feedback has been collated for council to consider as part of its detailed discussions about the Long Term Plan. Read the feedback report (PDF, 170KB).
Find out more about what we do
From harbour buoys and beacons to public transport, you might be surprised at the wide range of things we do as a regional council.
Find out more about What we do