Long Term Plan 2018-2028
Planning for a thriving Northland
The main feedback period for our Long Term Plan 2018-2028 will kick off from mid-March 2018 – watch this space!
This plan will set out our direction and ambitions for the next decade, and how we'll pay for it. There's lots to do, so the tricky part is getting the balance right. That's where you come in – we'll need your help to make some big decisions.
Save the date: Have Your Say events
Keen to talk to councillors and staff? Want to give your feedback in person? Come along to a 'Have your say' event!
- Whangārei: Tue 20 March, 4-6pm, 36 Water St (NRC office)
- Whangārei: Wed 21 March, 10am-12pm, 36 Water St (NRC office)
- Kerikeri: Thu 22 March, 9:30-11:30am, Cornerstone Church
- Kaikohe: Thu 22 March, 2-4pm, Memorial Hall
- Kaitāia: Sat 24 March, 10:30am-12:30pm, Te Ahu Centre
- Dargaville: Tue 27 March, 9:30am-11:30pm, Town Hall
- Mangawhai: Tue 27 March, 2-4pm, Mangawhai Domain
Please note that we won't be holding formal hearings – so if you want to give your feedback directly to councillors, this is your chance.
Read the early feedback
From mid-August to early September 2017 we asked people to tell us what their priorities are for Northland's environment, economy and communities for the next ten years.
The feedback has been collated for council to consider as part of its detailed discussions about the Long Term Plan. Read the feedback report (PDF, 170KB).
What is a Long Term Plan?
Watch our 'What is a Long Term Plan?' video below via our YouTube channel.
Find out more about what we do
From harbour buoys and beacons to public transport, you might be surprised at the wide range of things we do as a regional council.
Find out more about What we do