Long Term Plan 2018-2028
Help us plan for a thriving Northland!
We need your feedback to make some big decisions for our Long Term Plan 2018-2028.
To find out about the main changes and new initiatives we’re proposing – and how they could be funded – read our Consultation Document.
Read the Consultation Document (PDF, 1.6MB)
For those interested in more detail, check out ‘Supporting information and other useful documents’ below.
How to have your say
|The feedback period is open until 4pm, Tuesday 17 April 2018|
The best way to have your say is through our online feedback portal. If it’s your first time on the portal, you’ll need to register first – find out how to register (PDF, 1MB).
Otherwise, you can provide written feedback by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Long Term Plan, Northland Regional Council, Private Bag 9021, Whangārei Mail Centre, Whangārei 0148
- Dropping it in to one of our offices: Find our office locations around Northland
Download the Long Term Plan feedback form (PDF, 333KB)
Note that instead of traditional hearings, we’re holding ‘Have Your Say Events’ – see below.
Give feedback in person
Keen to talk to councillors and staff? Want to give your feedback to councillors in person? Come along to one of our 'Have Your Say' events, which will be held during our feedback period.
- Whangārei: Tue 20 March, 4-6pm, 36 Water St (NRC office)
- Whangārei: Wed 21 March, 10am-12pm, 36 Water St (NRC office)
- Kerikeri: Thu 22 March, 9:30-11:30am, Cornerstone, corner of Kerikeri Road and the Heritage Bypass
- Kaikohe: Thu 22 March, 2-4pm, Memorial Hall, Memorial Drive
- Kaitāia: Sat 24 March, 10:30am-12:30pm, Te Ahu Centre, corner of Mathews Avenue and South Road (SH1)
- Dargaville: Tue 27 March, 9:30am-11:30am, Town Hall, Hokianga Road
- Mangawhai: Tue 27 March, 2-4pm, Mangawhai Domain, Moir St/Mangawhai-Kaiwaka Road
Please note that we won't be holding formal hearings – so if you want to give your feedback directly to councillors, this is your chance. You can still give written feedback right up until 4pm, Tuesday 17 April 2018.
- Supporting information: Long Term Plan 2018-2028 (PDF, 3.9MB)
- Frequently asked questions about the consultation process (PDF, 75KB)
- Draft rating policies and statement of proposal (PDF, 610KB)
- Draft charging policy and statement of proposal (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Draft revenue and financing policy and statement of proposal (PDF, 440KB)
- Sports facility projects in line for funding (PDF, 500KB)
- Summary of our policy updates (PDF, 660KB)
- Our 'Significance and engagement policy' and 'Financial contributions policy' are in the 'Supporting information: Long Term Plan' document (see above).
Where to from here?
Once the feedback period for the Long Term Plan has closed, all the feedback – both written feedback and face-to-face feedback from the 'Have Your Say' events – will be collated and provided to council.
During May, the full council will review and discuss the feedback and make decisions for the final Long Term Plan. The final Long Term Plan 2018-2028 will be formally adopted by council in June 2018.
What is a Long Term Plan?
Watch our 'What is a Long Term Plan?' video below via our YouTube channel.
Read the early feedback
From mid-August to early September 2017 we asked people to tell us what their priorities are for Northland's environment, economy and communities for the next ten years.
The feedback has been collated for council to consider as part of its detailed discussions about the Long Term Plan. Read the feedback report (PDF, 170KB).
Find out more about what we do
From harbour buoys and beacons to public transport, you might be surprised at the wide range of things we do as a regional council.
Find out more about What we do