Schedule for Proposed Regional Plan hearings to be held in Whangarei, Kerikeri, Kaitaia and Moerewa commencing Tuesday, 28 August 2018.
The schedule is divided into the four separate locations by bookmarks on the left-hand side once the PDF has opened.
Please note that:
- This schedule is subject to change; and
- This schedule does not include the hearing times for the hearing of the submissions on genetically modified organisms - this will be organised separately.
Section 42A Reports
These staff reports respond to submissions and describe recommended changes to the Proposed Regional Plan.
The recommended changes to the Proposed Regional Plan are shown in the document below:
The recommended changes to the Proposed Regional Plan map layers are shown in this map:
The 'General approach' report provides an overview to the approach used for the S42A reports and addresses the more general submissions:
S42A report – General approach (PDF, 579KB)
S42A report – Acid Sulphate Soils (PDF, 208KB)
S42A report – Agrichemicals (PDF, 326KB)
S42A report – Air Quality (PDF, 965KB)
S42A report – Allocation and use of water (PDF, 3MB)
S42A report – Aquaculture (PDF, 1.6MB)
S42A report – Catchments (PDF, 320KB)
S42A report – Coastal reclamation (PDF, 259KB)
S42A report – Coastal structures (PDF, 530KB)
S42A report – Contaminated land (PDF, 379KB)
S42A report – Dredging, disturbance and disposal (PDF, 389KB)
S42A report – Land drainage and flood control (PDF, 380KB)
S42A report – Mangrove management (PDF, 337KB)
S42A report – Marine pests (PDF, 239KB)
S42A report – Moorings and anchorage (PDF, 413KB)
S42A report – Solid waste (PDF, 245KB)
S42A report – Stormwater discharges (PDF, 260KB)
S42A report – Tangata whenua provisions (PDF, 274KB)
S42A report – Wastewater discharges (PDF, 333KB)
S42A report – Water quality management (PDF, 600KB)
The Hearing Panel
The Northland Regional Council has delegated to a Hearing Panel the function of hearing the submissions on the Proposed Regional Plan and making recommendations to the council. The exception is the submissions seeking the addition of provisions for genetically modified organisms - the full council will be hearing these submissions separately.
The Hearing Panel is:
- Rob van Voorthuysen (independent commissioner and chair)
- Joce Yeoman (councillor)
- Miria Pomare (independent commissioner)
Read profiles of the Hearing Panel members (PDF 111KB)
The Hearing Panel and Council issue minutes to provide information to submitters and give directions about how the hearings will be run.
- Minute 5 - Council hearing of GE/GMO submissions (PDF, 48KB)
Information provided in response to Hearing Panel Minutes
- CEP Services – response to Minute 1 (PDF, 38KB)
- Refining NZ – response to Minute 1 (PDF, 599KB)
- Soil & Health Association NZ and GE Free Tai Tokerau (PDF, 1.8MB)
- Vision Kerikeri - response to Minute 1 (PDF, 334KB)
- WDC and FNDC - Response to minute 1 (PDF, 580KB)