New Regional Plan
The Proposed Regional Plan sets out new rules and policies for how people use fresh water, land, air and the coast in Northland.
The Proposed Regional Plan is now open for submissions until 4pm Wednesday, 15 November 2017.
Read the Proposed Regional Plan and background documents
- Download the Proposed Regional Plan (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Te Ture Whakamana ngā Iwi o Taitokerau - Statutory acknowledgments in Northland
This compendium document contains information about all statutory acknowledgements contained in Treaty
settlement legislation for Northland, and is an attachment to the Proposed Regional Plan.
Ways to make a submission:
- Write your own submission:
(please make sure it includes all the necessary information).
Read the Guide to writing a submission (PDF, 400KB).
Submissions can be delivered to us by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: PRP Submissions
Northland Regional Council
Private Bag 9021, Whangārei Mail Centre
- Delivery: any Northland Regional Council Office
- If you're making a submission through our online portal, you may find our 'How to...' guide useful:
How to register and have your say online (PDF, 1MB)
- If you're new to writing a submission, then we've written short guide to help you:
Guide to writing a submission (PDF, 400KB)
- The Ministry for the Environment also have some good information about the submission process:
An everyday guide: Making a submission about a proposed plan or plan change
The following documents are also available to purchase in hard copy:
- Proposed Regional Plan - $20
- Section 32 Report - $80
Please contact email@example.com to organise purchase.
Read the regional report and fact sheets for an overview of the key topics in the Proposed Regional Plan.
We have produced maps indicating the amount of water currently allocated to be taken.
Find out how we plan to monitor and enforce compliance with the permitted activity rules in the new regional plan.