Report a spillage on Northland roads
Effluent spilt during stock transportation can affect human and animal health as well as Northland’s environment.
Everyone involved in transporting stock, from farm to yards, and running and maintaining motor vehicles, has an important role to play in reducing spillage problems.
Why is stock effluent & fuel spillage an issue?
- It can contaminate streams and ponds with viruses and bacteria, reduces oxygen in waterways and makes water unfit for drinking
- It’s a health hazard for cyclists, pedestrians, road workers and other road users
- It’s a safety issue, making roads slippery and dirtying vehicle windshields, helmet visors and cyclists’ glasses
- It damages aquatic life – and our clean green image & road surface
What can you do?
If you come across a spillage you can report it to our team at the Northland Regional Council. This will help us identify if any action needs to be taken.
To report incidents of stock truck effluent & fuel spillage or slippery roads, you can:
- Complete the form online
- Download and complete the form below and post it to us
(freepost – no stamp needed)
- Call our 24/7 Environmental Hotline 0800 504 639
- Call the State Highways Hotline 0800 111 655
- Scan the form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax the form to us 09 470 1202
Complete the form online
Download a form
Visit the Resource Library on our website to download a form to report a spillage on Northland roads
For more information, please contact the Transport Team at Northland Regional Council.