The Northland Community Plan 2009-2019 sets out the direction for the Northland Regional Council over the next decade and has been put together with the community's help.
The Plan shows how the Council will work with the community and other organisations to achieve the outcomes people in Northland think are important.
Get your copy
The Northland Community Plan 2009 - 2019 is available in two volumes.
Volume One includes more information on:
- Key priorities for the Council and the community over the next 10 years
- Regional Community Outcomes and how progress will be monitored
- The groups of activities the Regional Council will undertake to contribute to the achievement of Regional Community Outcomes.
Volume Two includes:
- Council's funding, financial and management policies.
- Comprehensive financial information for the 10 year period covered by the Plan, 2009 - 2019.
You can view or download a copy of the Northland Community Plan 2009 - 2019 by clicking on the links below.
Request a copy:
You can also request a copy of either or both volumes the Northland Community Plan 2009 - 2019 by contacting the Northland Regional Council on freephone 0800 002 004 or clicking on the Request a copy link at the top right of this page.
You can view a copy at the Regional Council offices in Whangarei, Dargaville, Kaitaia or Opua.
Matters Relating to the Electronic Presentation of the Audited Long Term Council Community Plan
This audit report relates to the Long Term Council Community Plan of Northland Regional Council for the ten years commencing 1 July 2009 included on the Regional Council’s website. Northland Regional Council is responsible for the maintenance and integrity of the Regional Council’s website. We have not been engaged to report on the integrity of Northland Regional Council’s website. We accept no responsibility for any changes that may have occurred to the Long Term Council Community Plan since they were initially presented on the website.
The audit report refers only to the Long Term Council Community Plan named above. It does not provide an opinion on any other information which may have been hyperlinked to or from the Long Term Council Community Plan. If readers of this report are concerned with the inherent risks arising from electronic data communication they should refer to the published hard copy of the audited Long Term Council Community Plan as well as the related audit report dated 24 June 2009 to confirm the information included in the audited Long Term Council Community Plan presented on this website.
Legislation in New Zealand governing the preparation and dissemination of financial information may differ from legislation in other jurisdictions.
Volume 1 is available below either as a complete file or for those using dial-up Internet access, it has been separated into sections.
- Community Plan - Complete Volume 1 (1324 KB)
- Community Plan - Complete Volume 2 (735 KB)
- Volume 1_Introduction and contents (150 KB)
- Volume 1_About this Council (64 KB)
- Volume 1_Northland Region Today (417 KB)
- Volume 1_Regional Community Outcomes (422 KB)
- Volume 1_Financial Overview (89 KB)
- Volume 1_Council Activities (404 KB)