Become an Enviroschool
Steps to take
For more information, contact:
Susan Karels, Northland Regional Council
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph: 0800 002 004 or
Julie Holt (primary)
Email: email@example.com Ph: (027) 452 9091 or
Jacque Knight (secondary)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph: (021) 488 822
Find out what it means to be an Enviroschool and how the programme can be implemented into school life.
Talk to your staff and board of trustees.
Decide where your school wants to start.
The following is not a checklist and should not be seen as linear. Experience has shown that these are the main components of a successful process and that stages overlap, are revisited, modified and developed further as the school and community move forward.
- Exploring the Enviroschools programme
- Developing the curriculum
- Engaging students in experiencing their environment
- Forming an Envirogroup
- Creating a whole school vision map
- Implementing projects
- Developing policies, care codes and strategies
- Identifying and strengthening community partnerships
- Keeping the process going – documenting, reflecting and celebrating
Contact a Facilitator, receive a resource pack, discuss the Enviroschools partnership agreement and go for it!
Get more information
For further information contact Susan Karels at the Northland Regional Council on 0800 002 004 or Email Susan at email@example.com