Seahorse Tails: News from Seaweek
Seaweek 2018 events programme
Highlights for Northland include:
- Port Nikau's Family Celebration
- Snorkel Days at Tapeka Point and Reotahi
- clean-ups at Baylys Beach, Waipu Cove and Sandy Bay
- Matapouri Kaitiaki Project
- Great Big Micro Mollusc Hunt
- Guided Kayaking at Waikaraka
- Marine Kaitiaki Action Day at Reotahi
Ocean champion 2018
The winner will be announced during Seaweek 2018 at a special event at the Bill Ballantine Memorial Lecture: Antarctica and False Killer Whales, and the winner will receive a prize package equivalent to at least $500 donated by the New Zealand Coastal Society to support their work.
Come along to the Bill Ballantine Memorial Lecture and hear about what lives under the Antarctic ice, how the Blue Planet 2 piece on New Zealand's false killer whales was filmed and learn about what really happens on fishing vessels in the Southern Ocean from our fantastic speakers. Exclusive Blue Planet 2 footage will be shown on the enormous screens at the University of Auckland so you won't want to miss that!