Joint notification - Tegel Foods Limited
The hearing will commence at 9:00am on Wednesday, 8 August 2018 and is scheduled to run for 13 working days at The Lighthouse Function Centre, Dargaville.
The Northland Regional Council and Kaipara District Council have appointed four Commissioners to jointly hear and decide the applications made by Tegel Foods Limited for a free range poultry broiler farm near Mititai.
The Commissioners are Sharon McGarry, Rob Lieffering, Reginald Proffit and Mark Farnsworth, with Commissioner McGarry being appointed Chairperson. The Commissioners have extensive hearings experience which covers the range of technical, cultural and local issues that have been raised by submissions on these applications.
Tegel Foods Limited
Address for service
Tonkin and Taylor Ltd
PO Box 5271
Andrea Brabant, Tonkin and Taylor Ltd - firstname.lastname@example.org
5763 and 5802 State Highway 12
Activities associated with the development and operation of a free range poultry broiler farm.
- Tegel Foods Limited - Hearing Agenda (PDF, 6MB)
Applications made to Northland Regional Council
Resource consent applications made to NRC include:
- the taking and use of groundwater,
- the diversion of surface water as a result of flood protection works,
- the discharge of contaminants (mainly odour) to air, and
- earthworks for the development of the site and quarrying.
Application number - NRC
Enquiries about NRC applications
Phone: 09 470 1101, free phone 0800 002 004
Applications made to Kaipara District Council
Resource consent applications made to KDC include:
- land use consent for breaches of rules relating to earthworks,
- a reduced setback of buildings from the intersection of State Highway 12 and Whakahara Road,
- the storage and use of hazardous substances, and
- road construction works.
Application number - KDC
Enquiries about KDC applications
Phone: 021 203 1034
Both councils hold full copies of the application documents and assessments of environmental effects which can be viewed or purchased at the following locations:
NRC – 36 Water Street, Whangarei; and
KDC – 42 Hokianga Road, Dargaville and Unit 6, The Hub, 6 Molesworth Drive, Mangawhai.
Please note the large file size of some of these PDF documents