Douglas Craig Schmuck
Submissions are open until Thursday, 8 February 2018 on a notified resource consent application by Douglas Craig Schmuck.
Douglas Craig Schmuck
Richardson Street and at Walls Bay, Opua
Phone: 09 470 1200
Freephone: 0800 002 004
The application seeks new resource consents and early replacement of existing resource consents for activities associated with Doug's Opua Boat Yard in Walls Bay, Opua.
Replacement consents have been sought for the existing structures (including a jetty facility, slipway, a dinghy ramp, a workboat mooring and dinghy pull, timber and stone seawalls), the discharge of contaminants to coastal marine area (CMA), discharges to land and air associated with vessel maintenance activities, stormwater discharges, maintenance dredging, exclusive occupation and use of the CMA and use of the structures for vessel maintenance and chartering activities.
New resource consents are sought for activities associated with the proposed upgrade of the boat yard facilities including demolition and reconstruction of the jetty facility, the placement of two mudcrete grids, refurbishment of the slipway and use of two of the jetty facility berths as a marina. Consents are also sought for placement of a new 40 metre length of seawall, and disturbance of the foreshore during demolition and construction activities and beach rehabilitation. New capital and maintenance dredging is proposed to form five all-tide vessel berths and an approach channel to the jetty facility and slipway.
- Place and occupy space in the coastal marine area with a reconstructed jetty facility (including fixed jetty, gangway pontoon and piles and two mudcrete grids, signage and hoardings).
- Place use and occupy space in the CMA with a refurbished slipway, turning block and associated cabling.
- Occupy space in the coastal marine area associated with a jetty facility and slipway to the exclusion of others.
- Use the slipway and jetty facility structures and three work berth areas for purposes of vessel maintenance and chartering and two berths associated with the jetty facility pontoon as a marina.
- Place use and occupy space in the coastal marine area with a new seawall and existing seawalls (inclusive of existing reclamation associated with the existing seawall).
- Use and occupy space in the coastal marine area with a dinghy ramp.
- Use and occupy space in the coastal marine area with storm water culverts
- Use and occupy space with a workboat mooring and associated dinghy pull.
- Disturb the foreshore and seabed during demolition and removal of unwanted structures, jetty reconstruction and slipway refurbishment, seawall construction, and during beach refurbishment activities.
- Capital dredging to form five all-tide berths alongside the jetty facility and an approach channel (and batters) to the jetty facility and slipway.
- Maintenance dredging to maintain vessel berths, and approach channel and batters to the slipway and jetty facility.
- Discharge vessel wash down water to the coastal marine area.
- Discharge contaminants to air in the coastal marine area from vessel maintenance activities.
- Discharge contaminants to air from vessel maintenance activities.
- Discharge contaminants to land from vessel maintenance activities.
- Discharge stormwater to an unnamed tributary of the Veronica Channel.
- Discharge stormwater to the coastal marine area.
Type of consent
Coastal Permits, Coastal Discharge, Discharges to air, Discharge to land, Storm water Discharges
Hard copies of the application documents may be inspected at the Northland Regional Council's offices at Whangarei, Opua and Waipapa.
Please note the large file size of some of these documents
Schmuck - Application part 1 (PDF, 4MB)
Schmuck - Application part 2 (PDF, 5.6MB)
Schmuck - Application part 2a (PDF, 4.4MB)
Schmuck - Application part 3 (PDF, 2.6MB)
Schmuck - Application forms and letters (PDF, 1.9MB)
Plans (PDF, 600KB)
Application further information (PDF, 500KB)
Make a submission
Any person may make a written submission on this application. The submission must be in the prescribed form (Form 13). Copies of this form are available from any of the Northland Regional Council's offices. Please ensure that your submission is signed and dated (a signature is not required if you make your submission by email). If you are a trade competitor, then your submission must not relate to trade competition.
If you wish to make a submission on the above application you must do so by serving it on the Northland Regional Council on or before 8 February 2018. There are a number of ways in which you may serve your submission (Note: the date that you complete any of these four actions is the date that you are deemed to have 'served' your submission and this must be done on or before 8 February 2018):
- Hand deliver your submission to any of the Council’s offices – these are located at:
• 36 Water Street, Whangārei
• 42 Hokianga Road, Dargaville
• Shop 9, 12 Klinac Lane, Waipapa
• Unit 10, Ōpua Industrial Marine Park, Ōpua, and
• 192 Commerce Street, Kaitāia
- Post your submission to Private Bag 9021, Whangārei Mail Centre, Whangārei 0148
- Fax a copy of your submission to (09) 470 1202, or
- Email your submission to: email@example.com
Submission forms (Form 13) are available at all the Council’s offices and can also be downloaded electronically as a PDF or Microsoft Word file (below).
Download the submission form (PDF version) (PDF, 60KB)
Download the submission form (MS Word version) (Document, 54KB)
You must serve a copy of your submission on Doug Schmuck (the applicant), whose address for service is 1 Richardson Street, Opua 0200 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as reasonably practicable after serving your submission on the Northland Regional Council.
Last day for serving a submission
Thursday, 8 February 2018
15 December 2017